Sunday, March 21, 2010

Starbuck's Espresso Roast


Well, the bag says that the coffee is BOLD. And that it is. I really like this blend
from Starbucks. This coffee has a big flavor, with a nice finish. I prefer cream and sweetener with my coffee, and this really adds to the flavor. What is interesting about this blend, is that it is powerful if you enjoy coffee without the additions. I also like this particular blend, because you can have an espresso coffee without having an espresso machine. Yes, I know that in the coffee world, that is a no no, but a lot of people don't own espresso machines.

2 comments:

  1. In order to brew delicious espresso, all you need is an old-fashioned Moka pot--not one of those big, fancy electro-monstrosities.
    Also, if you desire that sweet, creamy froth topping that you get from using the above fancy machines here's a tip for achieving the same results manually (I learned this from my momma):
    When the espresso first starts flowing from the top of your Moka pot, take a few spoonfuls and add it to a bowl of sugar till the sugar is just wet enough to whip with a spoon. Add the whipped, sugary froth to your espresso and taste the magic! You can make a batch of the whipped "crema" and keep it on the countertop for future use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's great! Thanks for the post. I also like to "Cheat" and just use whip cream from a can as topping. It's quick and easy and tastes great to boot!

    ReplyDelete